Why change to raw food?
It's healthier for your pet! The raw diet is natural and one that you cat or dog is best suited to digest. They cope on commercial food, they thrive on raw!
- A shiny healthy coat (this one you usually notice first!)
- Cleaner stronger teeth, skin, nails
- Smaller, less smelly and more consistent poos
- More even temperament (no additives to give them a energy high, then crash)
- Better breath
- More defined muscles
- Better weight control (dog should have a "tuck" which means they should "go in" a the waist)
- Stronger joints
Dry or tinned foods contain added chemicals, cereal and grains to ensure a long shelf life, not to mention additives. Though many dogs can cope on this diet (especially when they are young) some dogs develop a whole host of digestive and skin issues. Think of it in this way: we could cope eating a diet of fast food and sugary drinks but eventually it would catch up to us.
Though a little evolution has taken place to allow the dog to tolerate a small amount of plant matter, a dog’s digestive system is still nearly identical to that of it’s grey wolf ancestor. Many health problems modern pets face are caused by continually feeding an unsuitable diet (commercial dog food).
Improper diet can cause:
- Itchy, smelly skin
- Constant ear infections
- Excessive paw licking
- Tear staining (watery eyes)
- Pancreatitis or inflammation of any part of the gut
- Stiff joints
- Dull or brittle coat
- Messy poos
If your dog suffers from any these common problems, the raw diet could make a huge difference to you and your pet’s life. Even if your pet is one of the lucky ones and doesn’t suffer from these issues every dog can benefit from a raw diet.